Applications for the 2024 program will open on October 16, 2023.
Wondering if you’re eligible? Read more.
Attend an info session to learn more
Tuesday, November 7, 12 to 1 p.m. (Virtual) – REGISTER HERE
Thursday, November 30, 7 to 8 p.m. (Airdrie City Hall Council Chambers) – REGISTER HERE
Application process & tips
- First, ensure you are eligible to participate in the program and can meet the program commitments.
- Complete the online application form via Jotform. Paper applications are not accepted.
- Be sure to complete all sections of the form. Be as descriptive and thorough as possible. To see a list of questions asked on the application look here: SMARTstart Application Questions.
- Include supporting materials: resume, business plan draft, market research, pitch video, etc.
- You will be notified that we have received your application.
- A committee made up of business advisors, mentors, bankers and program organizers review all applications. Applications are evaluated on criteria, not first come, first serve.
- You may be called for an interview (see timelines).
- If you have questions, contact us.
2024 Program Timeline
|Applications Open||October 16, 2023|
|Information Sessions||November 7 (virtual) & 30 (in-person)|
|Application Deadline||December 11, 2023 at 8 a.m.|
|Selection Process||January 2024|
|Applicants Notified||Late January 2024|
|Program Begins||Orientation Session mid February, Launch Event late February|
|In-Person Seminars||March-June and September-October 2024|
|Online Learning||March-July 2024|
|Draft Plan Submitted||June 2024|
|Final Plan Submitted||October 2024|
|Celebration Event/Program Ends||Late October/Early November 2023|