Applications to the program are accepted in the Fall of each year, for the following year’s program. Each year there are up to 20 spots available. In 2022, the program will be a mix of in person and online (to be determined along the way).
Wondering if you’re eligible? Read more.
Application process & tips
- First, ensure you are eligible to participate in the program and can meet the program commitments.
- Complete the online application form via Jotform. Paper applications are not accepted.
- Be sure to complete all sections of the form. Be as descriptive and thorough as possible. To see a list of questions ask on the application look here: SMARTstart Application Questions.
- Include supporting materials: resume, business plan draft, market research, pitch video, etc.
- You will be notified that we have received your application.
- A committee made up of business advisors, mentors, bankers and program organizers review all applications. Applications are evaluated on criteria, not first come, first serve.
- You may be called for an interview (see timelines).
- If you have questions, contact us.
2022 Program Timeline
|Applications Open||October 25, 2021|
|Information Sessions||November 4 & 23, 2021 (online)|
|Application Deadline||December 15, 2021|
|Selection Process||January 2022|
|Applicants Notified||Early February 2022|
|Program Begins||Orientation Session February, Launch Event Late February|
|In-Person Seminars||March-June and September-October 2022|
|Online Learning||March-July 2022|
|Draft Plan Submitted||June 2022|
|Final Plan Submitted||October 2022|
|Celebration Event/Program Ends||Late October/Early November 2022|